Take your career to the next level!
The Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting program is for students who already have an undergraduate degree and are seeking a foundation for the CMA and CPA exams. Hone your skills as you prepare for these career-changing exams.
Graduates of the Certificate in Accounting program are expected to be able to do the following:
- Record, analyze, interpret, and report financial information using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Analyze and interpret financial and non-financial information to aid decision makers within an organization.
- Understand and follow the laws and regulations applicable to accounting practice.
- Apply internal control procedures based on auditing principles and risk analysis.
- Prepare tax returns based on accurate understanding of tax laws.
- Understand the global and economic business environment in which an organization operates.
- Incorporate an ethical perspective into the accounting environment.
- Use appropriate technology to maintain systems, analyze data, and communicate results.
Gainful Employment Information
Effective July 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of Education requires institutions with non-degree programs defined as gainful employment programs to disclose certain information about these programs.
Read the Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting Gainful Employment Report: https://www.smumn.edu/geaccountingcert
You'll study accounting, taxation, finance, management, business law, and ethics as you prepare for your exams.
For more information, check out our course catalog.
Applicants must submit:
Completed application form
Nonrefundable application fee
Official transcripts posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree
Other relevant official transcripts documenting potential transfer credits
International transcripts must be evaluated by a university-accepted evaluator.
- Apply By
- Start Date
- Fall Semester Term I
- Fall Semester Term II
- Spring Semester Term I
- Spring Semester Term II
- Summer Semester Term I
- Summer Semester Term II
- Fall Semester Term I
The Saint Mary's Difference
The heart of Saint Mary's is its people — faculty, staff, and your fellow students — who become your companions and allies on your educational journey. Here, in an intense give-and-take setting, each of us discovers just how much we can learn. You'll find, in every one of our classrooms, a person-centered education focused on your growth, your potential — because we believe that everyone deserves the chance to make an impact, to change the world around them.