Take your career to the next level!
The Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting program is for students who already have an undergraduate degree and are seeking a foundation for the CMA and CPA exams. Hone your skills as you prepare for these career-changing exams.
Graduates of the Certificate in Accounting program are expected to be able to do the following:
- Record, analyze, interpret, and report financial information using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Analyze and interpret financial and non-financial information to aid decision makers within an organization.
- Understand and follow the laws and regulations applicable to accounting practice.
- Apply internal control procedures based on auditing principles and risk analysis.
- Prepare tax returns based on accurate understanding of tax laws.
- Understand the global and economic business environment in which an organization operates.
- Incorporate an ethical perspective into the accounting environment.
- Use appropriate technology to maintain systems, analyze data, and communicate results.
You'll study accounting, taxation, finance, management, business law, and ethics as you prepare for your exams.
For more information, check out our course catalog.
Applicants must submit:
Completed application form
Nonrefundable application fee
Official transcripts posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree
Other relevant official transcripts documenting potential transfer credits
International transcripts must be evaluated by a university-accepted evaluator.
- Apply By
- Start Date
- Fall Semester Term I
- Fall Semester Term II
- Spring Semester Term I
- Spring Semester Term II
- Summer Semester Term I
- Summer Semester Term II
- Fall Semester Term I
The Saint Mary's Difference
The heart of Saint Mary's is its people — faculty, staff, and your fellow students — who become your companions and allies on your educational journey. Here, in an intense give-and-take setting, each of us discovers just how much we can learn. You'll find, in every one of our classrooms, a person-centered education focused on your growth, your potential — because we believe that everyone deserves the chance to make an impact, to change the world around them.